Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's Always Something... a Day in the Life

Team Epton - yes that is how we reference our little family... we are a team, working together to lift each other up, support each other, and always be the loudest cheerleaders for each other... It's pretty awesome. Our days are usually crazy, with work and school, our new baby girl, our teenage son, but it is interesting and of course, it is always something!

Stephen & I met in the summer of 2005, but we didn't exactly hit it off right away and by the end of 2006, he was completely off my radar. It took myspace to find each other again in March of 2008. We went out on a Thursday night to the driving range, which was followed by a night out together the next day. We quickly realized, this might just be crazy enough to work! It was only 5 months later we were engaged, and in May 2009, we married. In November of 2010, we welcomed our precious baby girl, Gabriella Hope, into the world and have been loving on her ever since.

Our days are filled with work, and Joshua, who is 15, who keeps us on our toes. He plays Varsity Lacrosse and is always at a loss for how he is getting to practice. I have come to terms with the fact that most teenagers just don't know anything, they have no information, and always answer a question with, 'I dunno'... << sigh >> Anyway, the evenings are like a blip, preparing for the next day, trying to get everything together, and catch up on what didn't get done the day before! Gabriella is an excellent sleeper so I am truly blessed otherwise this plate would not be so well balanced!

I will give big props to my hubby, he really is about the team, we are always working together to keep everyone going in the right direction. God bless him for putting up with my craziness, remember it is always something, and I always have something going on in my brain! I am a planner, I love to try to control all my situations. Good thing I am also a realist, I know I can't really control everything... but it doesn't mean I don't try!

The day in the life of an Epton is filled with carpools, sports, dirty diapers, school, work, and random errands - but at the end of even the craziest days, I look at my kids, I look at my husband, and I know, it doesn't matter what I have forgotten to bring to daycare or if the laundry is about 5 days past needing to be done, I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

1 comment: