Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I should be studying... Sorry Christine!

I, in all honesty, should be studying for my exam in Fitness Leadership, but here I am composing another entry. I hope this is not reflected in my grade ;)

My friend at work just said "yesterday was 'working naked day', I missed that one"
I replied, "Well I think judging by the people around here, we dodged a bullet!"
I don't know why I find that so funny, I am just silly I guess.

Today has been a pretty good day. The baby was up at 130am to nurse, then back to bed by ten after two. My alarm went off at 5, and I got up right before the snooze alarm... I got out a ran this morning, nothing super great, I mean hell, I got out of bed, so even if it was any slower (which I couldn't imagine) - it was something! I was hesitant since Monday was 62 degrees at 530, and today was 42... ah burr! I am not really a fan of running in the cold, but after a little while it's ok.

I think I have a tapeworm, no not really, but I am starving today! I ate my lunch before my swim, which wasn't my best decision... I need to find more snacks to bring to work, I found out the hard way that 2 Fiber Plus bars in an 8 hour period is NO GOOD!

Anyway, I made it to the pool today during lunch, this was an internal battle for some reason. I guess some days you're more motivated than others, whatcha gonna do right? I did it though, and I actually kept track of my laps, which almost never happens! I am not a fast swimmer, and I am sure I am far from graceful, pretty confident that no one around me was thinking how much they wanted to emulate my techniques...lol The good news is, I am really loving the swimming! I am sure I won't be setting any records at my first triathlon, but I am enjoying the pool.

I really need to get this bike thing going. I mean I know how to ride a bike, so step one (on my list...lol) is a CHECK! I don't have a real tri bike, nor will I rush out to buy one - let me see if I can complete this first, see if I get the triFever like I did with running after I completed my first race. I am wondering how people get started training for the bike portion of a triathlon, I guess I should have taken a class or something... I think I am most nervous about swimming and biking next to other people... I don't want to be 'that girl' who takes down a dozen bicyclists at this event!

Ok, well I guess I will have to study soon, hopefully Ms. Gabriella cooperates and I can get an hour or two of quiet time to review... Why do I wait until the last minute? I guess because it's my last course for my major, I have been doing this so long, I can't focus half the time! [Again, I apologize Christine, I really do enjoy the class...lol]

Oh and I am feeling a bit spicy so I leave you with this - If you haven't done some kind of physical activity today - get off your ass now before it's tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment