Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Friday!

http://www.disneypicture.net/r-kermit-the-
frog-209-kermit-the-frog-3008.htm
I have been neglectful... and busy! Fundraising is a lot of work, and it's not easy either... Tonight is the Pampered Chef party, a percentage of the sales are going to the Team in Training Fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society [you can order online ;) www.pamperedchef.biz/sarahwilliams & place the order with Host- Hope Epton] - The special is 20% off unglazed stoneware...so if you're feeling froggy, splurge on some awesome goods (my fav is the avacado peeler)!

Anyway, moving on to something where I am not begging for money! Last Thursday I was offered a position which allows me to telecommute! I am super stoked about this for many reasons but I can't decide which is the best perk... getting 2 workouts done in a day, working in my pj's or workout gear, using my Keurig like it's my business, or knowing that happy hour can start at 5:01pm (just kidding! ...no but seriously..lol). I think for me, those are all stellar reasons to be so excited, but the biggest thrill, being needed. Don't get me wrong, my current position needs me, but this new position will tap my creative side, put my brain to work, and *hopefully* provide me with the job satisfaction I have been yearning for! Oh, and not having to pack a lunch, awesome. It really was a great way to kick off last weekend!


Now this week of course is the division of my job duties and everyone who was putting off things they wanted to request me to do, have been flooding in...yikes! The past few days have been full of me preparing the next person to handle my projects. It's nice though, at least now people are acknowledging how much they appreciated me, albeit would have been nice if this would have trickled in over the past *almost* 5 years, but hey - it's all good. When I worked at Vassar College, Marge used to make me homemade chocolate chip cookies, I adore her.... and loved the cookies!

Monday kicked off with work, followed by taking Gabby for a follow up on her ear infection, which she still had... then drop off with Stephen at work, poor girl hadn't slept since 1030am and it was 3pm... so he ended up taking her home while I headed to class. I wouldn't have bothered but I had an exam in Consumer Health, so not a day to bail (I can count on one hand the number of classes I've missed in college, and I've been taking classes for like a decade!) - luckily, the exam was a breeze...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piertom/5534646700/
Wednesday, I was at the doctors office for myself, got to love the pricey petri dish, ...err... daycare. I can't tell you the last time I had Strep, probably when Joshua was in daycare. I got home with my antibiotics and of course thought, let me change the sheets and the crib sheet. Not sure what happened, but my back spasmed, yeah from changing a crib sheet...oye! It's better now, which is good, I have way too much going on to be hurt!

So last night I set up my home office, I am beyond excited! I am one of those, once I start I can't stop until it's finished kind of people, so 8pm last night I am moving furniture and sorting through things, and getting irritated because the balance was off in the room - throwing some 'tude, moving more stuff...But I think I got it figured out...balance restored.

Friday - yay! Today I have a LIST of things to accomplish...as I can hear my hubby in my head now, 'another list, awesome.' but it is what I do, I am a list maker... I blogged about it once, so I must be official right? Well today I will finish work, hit the post office (finally getting all those packages sent!), get my hair cut, yes cut, not trimmed but lopped off! It's too long, it's getting tangled when I try to brush it - even the pick went on strike...then clean, clean, clean, so tonight at my party people don't think I don't have any free time!

Things I dream about... a maid, a nanny, a chef... that would make today go a lot smoother - don't cha think?

Long run on Sunday, hoping for 10miles, but we will see...lol The Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (which is a 1/2, not sure what the mini is about) on the 23rd, so that is 9 days!!!

So happy weekend everyone! I hope you get to do something fabulous like spend time with your family, get some exercise, oh and relax a little too! Remember, it's all about balance...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new position! It sounds like it will be perfect for you. I work from home and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete