Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TNT Lousy Medal Virtual 5k Run/Walk 12/17!

Are you over all the Team in Training posts yet? I know, I know… it seems like that is ALL I ever talk about these days, but I can't apologize…nor will I. When I decided to take on this challenge of raising $3800 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I thought it was impossible. Seriously? I can't imagine raising that kind of money! Then Heather and I were talking about it, and rationalizing it, and it seemed we could do it, if for no other reason, barring all logic, we had it in our hearts to accomplish it. 

Has it been easy? No… there has been a lot of lost sleep Crafting for a Cure (which you read previously hasn't been the most successful of ideas) and selling Bondi Bands, and of course planning events…That is what brings me to the right now… 

Announcing

The TNT Lousy Medal Virtual 5k Run/Walk! Of course this is a no frills event which benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! How it works is like this, you Register for it, then on December 17th, you run or walk wherever YOU want! There are no timing chips, no bibs, no waiting in line at a porta-john (wondering why you thought it was a good idea to eat/drink whatever you did), no age group awards, or fruit/bagels/water waiting for you at the finish (well unless you ask your friends & family)…So I know, it doesn't sound like you get a lot for your $20 donation right? WELL, just hold your horses, because you do get something… besides knowing you are helping those with blood cancer (which may just be enough for you) - You are going to earn yourself a lousy medal!

Be forewarned, I am not going to reveal this lousy medal, but it's not going to be all that lousy because I love race bling just as much as the next girl… I think you will be pretty proud to have this shiny momento… but yes, it will not be pictured until after they are mailed, post event. It's going to be killing me not to share it with you but I think it will add to the suspense and after all, it's about charity not bling…ok a little about bling too but like 99.98% about charity!


So I hope that regardless of your athletic talents, you will take part in the 
TNT Lousy Medal Virtual 5k Run/Walk… I would love to see some pictures, maybe local groups will go out together and run or walk it… Oh dare to dream… I would love for everyone to share the link, lousyrunner.com and see just how many people we can get to support the LLS Team in Training!

p.s.
Did I mention there is a prize package in the works? Yup, you return to the site and leave a comment that you finished and you will be entered into the random drawing!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm registered and ready. I'll be running alone in a hotel fitness room because it I will also be away from home at my son's hockey tournament. I think it is great that you put this together to support the fight against cancer and I can't wait to earn my bling

    k I don't have one of the accounts listed but this is Kim O'loughlin from FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm? I posted my run on here this am but I don't see it here. I did my 5k in 25:39 I hope this is where you wanted me to write my comment. thanks again Kimberly Oloughlin

    ReplyDelete