Thursday, May 19, 2011

Am I a SPARTAN!?!?

Do I really have what it takes to be a Spartan??? I know, some of you are wondering just what the heck I am talking about right? There is a Spartan Race in Winnsboro, SC on June 25th - Carolinas Super Spartan and I have been asked by fellow Exercise Science, running partner in crime, Heather, to carpool (such a mommy thing to do) to this race... This event is 8 miles of rugged outdoors, mud pits, pyro jumps and barbed wire...sound fun? Ah yeah - and a little crazy too!

This is the description off their website:
"The Super Spartan obstacle race provides an 8+ mile battlefield of insane mud running with 15 or more obstacles to test your physical strength and mental resolve. This mud fest of a race will have many trials to push you to your limits that any man or woman with resolve can complete! This endurance race consists of mud runs, trails, and both mental and physical obstacles and challenges. The good news is that after you complete your painful journey, there will be live music and a catered meal to soothe your aching joints. Top 3 Males and top 3 Females at each Super Spartan qualify for a free entry into the Spartan Death Race."


Ok, so lets be real, the chances of me actually being one of those top 3 Females qualifying for the Death Race, well slim and none, and slim isn't taking the challenge...lol The only way I would do that is if for some reason, the only females to register were me, Heather, and one other... chances, again, slim & none. Besides, I don't know how thrilled I am with the tag line of 'You may die' - well I guess it is inevitable, but I'd hate to go out like that...I am sure they aren't really trying to kill you (if I am wrong - someone correct me now!)

I *had* such a nice abdominal wall...lol
I have run this idea by my hubby, I think he was finishing up his Wendy's baconator - so I was hoping to have him distracted...just kidding honey, I love you. Seriously though, this would be probably the most intense, insane experience since night fire on the range and delivering 2 children without an epidural(obviously three separate intense experiences)... When I think about going to this event I get butterflies, petrified yet excited little butterflies bouncing all over my once taut abdominal wall...

With 36 days left before this event, and having yet to commit, one thing is for sure - I need to TRAIN. I must start doing something - anything... my upper body strength is that of a small 5 year old boy... I caught a cramp the other day holding Gabriella and I am sure she only weighs like 14 pounds. Yes, I have work to do... could this be the motivation I have been searching for? Could this be what lights a fire under my so-much-bigger-than-it-used-to-be butt??? Then there is the question - could I complete it? Heck Yeah I could! I could do it, now will I? I guess then only way to know is to go... right?

Something tells me this is no mudda truckas mud run...yikes!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about you being a Spartan, but I'm convinced you're "certifiable." Having a baby without the epidural sounds like a "piece of cake"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in the ARMY woman! This is a walk in a muddy park! SPARTA, SPARTA, SPARTA! Now for the more serious question...what are we going to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now the best mud run there is, is non other "Spartan Race" . So fun and so manly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to check out a Spartan Race! I saw your post on www.runfastermommy.com about all the success you've had w/ BB DVD's!
    You too would love Insanity. Check out my page at www.teambeachbody.com/boston309. Sign on as a free player.
    If you are at all interested in becoming a coach, I'd love to talk to you more about it! I LOVE it. Originally wanted to simply get all the BB stuff for 25% off, but quickly became successful working as a coach! Now I'm a 1 Star Diamond and making great money doing what I LOVE- 'paying it forward' !!
    You can find me on www.facebook.com/jameselaine
    I hope to connect with you!! I'd love to have you on my TEAM!

    ReplyDelete