Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Race Weekend!

So school is done... thank goodness! Of course, right on track with my race calendar (ever expanding, much to my non-existent budgets chagrin), Saturday is the Blue Crab Festival 5k in Little River. I have been meaning to do this race for oh, 5 years... this year I actually registered, back in January, before I had clearance to run.. I sat down one day and basically registered for everything I could find within a 20 mile radius! So motivated, I know.

Apparently, this race starts at 8am, yikes! So I guess that means I will have to have everyone packed up and ready to go by what 7am? Truth be told, I don't even know exactly where Mineola Ave is... thank god for my navigation system (to think I contemplated getting a car without it!) - otherwise I would have had to remember to print a map!

There is something special about this race...oh right, it's the one I plan on breaking through the sub 10min/mile on! The last 2 5k's in April I had a time of 32:17 and 31:19 (I believe...yeah, I went back to verify...lol) so this time around, I so want to break into the 20's... I would love to see a 29 or less but hey a 29:59 would still make me proud... Geez, to think 2 years ago my goal was a 5k under 25...oh well - it's like cutting your hair, you just wait for it to grow out so you can cut it again... so my run time has kinda 'grown out' and I am ready to snip snip!


Brooks Trance 10 (size 8.5, just sayin)

I also received this emails from Dicks Sporting Goods, 20% running gear and free shipping on orders over $100...It's almost like they knew I was in there last week looking at buying a new pair of shoes but instead I bought a pair for my son (who after me ranting about how he hasn't even bothered to run in them, finally did 3miles, and in 23 minutes... beginners luck!) - I am so torn... do I need new shoes? or do I want new shoes? Does it matter? I have a coupon!!! ....sigh.... I don't really need to spend the money is what it comes down to....lol

Anyway, if anyone in the Myrtle Beach area is feeling froggy - like they just want to race this weekend, it's not too late to register for the Blue Crab Festival 5k! It would be awesome to see other smiling faces there...

No comments:

Post a Comment